Schedule a Dog Bite Prevention Seminar for Your Organization
Children are at the highest risk for dog bites
Understanding Dog Training offers two dog bite prevention seminars – one for children and one for parents.
We work with schools, churches, community centers, and even groups of parents to offer dog bite prevention.
Every year, 8,000 people require medical intervention because they were bitten by a dog. Most of these victims are children. And believe it or not, most are bitten by the family dog or a friend’s dog. Even if you think your dog is great with your kids, you will learn a lot about how to make sure everyone stays safe!
Parent and Teen Seminar includes:
- keep your child safe from dog bites with dogs they know (in your home and when visiting friends)
- coach your child on what to do if they see a loose dog while they’re outside
- dog bite safety games to play with young children ages 5-9 (who are in the highest risk group) to teach them safe practices
- dog body language
- why dogs bite
* Children’s Dog Bite Prevention Seminar includes:
- hands on practice (with a stuffed dog) in safely approaching dogs
- some safety songs
- and they will play a safety game
* Targeted to 5-9 year olds but older siblings will learn a lot and younger 3-4 year olds can still benefit